This is one of the dominant male lions from the Offbeat Pride, which inhabits a lush area south of camp in the Mara North Conservancy.
After feasting on a buffalo, this pride male departed the scene. We also hastily departed, in order to intercept him as he headed down to the water to drink, cross the water and seek a secure resting spot high on the ridge behind us.
We caught up with him just in time. Here, he is climbing the bank on the other side of the water after his hunger had been sated and his thirst had been quenched.
Published on Wednesday, 5th June, 2019.
Technical Details ☰
- Capture date: Wednesday, 5th June, 2019
- Capture time: 7:59am
- Camera model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Lens model: Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Extender model: Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
- Focal length: 420mm
- Aperture: f/8
- Shutter speed: 1/320th of a second
- ISO: 3,200
- Exposure mode: Manual
- Subject distance: 11.3m