The Smoking Gun
I recently decided to have a go at this type of shot myself, and did so today.
This is the result.
Lighting information for the firearm:
1. Canon Speedlite 580EX II at 24mm zoom and 1/2 power, placed high at 45 degrees camera left, fired through a 42" translucent umbrella, and triggered with a PocketWizard PLUS II.
2. White backdrop placed under the firearm to bounce light under the muzzle and barrel area.
3. Silver reflector hand-held at 45 degrees camera right to bounce light back into the muzzle and barrel area.
Lighting information for the smoke:
1. Canon Speedlite 580EX II at 80mm zoom and 1/4th power, placed at 90 degrees camera right, fired bare and triggered with a PocketWizard PLUS II.
You can read about how I created this image at my blog.
1. I am licensed to possess and use this firearm.
2. This firearm is not loaded.
Published on Monday, 23rd January, 2012.