Makepisi by Night
This is Makepisi, a male leopard who inhabits the Timbavati region of Greater Kruger National Park. He was the first leopard we saw on a magical four-day safari in Motswari Private Game Reserve.
Makepisi was sitting on a termite mound, and as the light fell, we continued to observe and photograph him, while he sat only several metres away from us.
I also shot video footage of Makepisi.
Published on Saturday, 20th October, 2012.
- Animal Kingdom
- Big Cats
- Big Five
- Blue Hour
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
- Feature Images
- Greater Kruger National Park
- Makepisi: Male Leopard
- Motswari Private Game Reserve
- South Africa
- Timbavati Private Nature Reserve